Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 16th- Day 9

Today was our first full day in Queenstown and we planned on experiencing our first ever bungy jump! To get to the jump we had to go up the gondola mountain. So early morning we set our path for the mountain. Once we go to the base we had an option of taking a gondola ride up or doing a 50 minute hike. Well i was more interested in seeing the amazing views from the gondola and getting great pictures of the Queenstown valley so I took the gondola and Liza did the hike. Once we got to the top, the view was breathtaking!
 This is just on of many photos I took at the top of the gondola ride. The mountain view overlooked the town of Queenstown and all of the surrounding lake.
Here is a picture of Queenstown from the top of the hill. 
Once we got to the ledge bungy we had the option of doing the jump up to three times, i did it twice. This is a photo of my second jump, they call it the pendulum. They make you stand with your heels off the edge of the platform and they hold onto your harness while you lean back and hold your arms out. Once you get in your position they let go of your harness and you fall backwards! It was absolutely crazy for  a 43 meter jump. 
 This is me getting ready to do the pendulum jump. One of the guys has hold of my harness while i spread out of arms and hold my breath!
 This is a photo of me after I was let go by one of the crew men. I was terrified. Liza was going to do the jump but she chickened out. Instead she laid down on the platform and two of the crew guys picked her up by the harness and threw her out over the ledge.
 This is my first jump. This was the Ledge Bungy approximately 43 meters.
On my way down from my first jump.

After our eventful morning of bungy jumping we decided to walk around the town and go down by the warf. Throughout the lake there were numerous water activities that you could do. A cruise was just one out many. 
After my first day of bungy jumping I was really starting to get nervous for tomorrows. I mean its only 134 meters down no big deal right?! Well I'm glad I started off with the smaller one, but Ill still pray I make it through the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment